8-hour Advanced Motivational Interviewing Training: November 4 and 5
Advanced Motivational Interviewing Training 8-hour Workshop
This is 8-hour Advanced MI workshop is highly experiential and designed for individuals who have taken the Introduction to MI workshop, and are regularly using MI in their practice. It is recommended for all front- line workers.
In this interactive workshop participants will:
- Gain an understanding of the directive nature of motivational interviewing and the more advanced techniques
- Be able to demonstrate advanced techniques in motivational interviewing
- Demonstrate ability to effectively evoke and selectively reinforce change talk
- Strengthen ability to recognize/hear change talk
The objective of this training is to provide each participant with exposure to, and hands-on practice of Motivational Interviewing.
Enabling practitioners to:
• Work more effectively with clients who have been labeled “difficult”, “resistant” or “stuck”
• Work more effectively with clients who have a myriad of overlapping change-related issues
• Lessen the impact of counsellor burnout
• More effectively and efficiently guide clients forward with their change goals
Cost: $220 CAD
Date and Time: November 4 & 5 // 12:00-4:00 PM (both dates) Central Time
Trainers for this course: Roxanne Sawatzky and/or Trudy-Lyn Wittig
****Please note that participants would be required to have their video camera on throughout the training in order to receive a certificate of completion.