12 hour Advanced Motivational Interviewing Training: September 29 & 30
Advanced Motivational Interviewing Training
This 12-hour Advanced MI workshop is highly experiential and designed for individuals who have taken the Introduction to MI workshop, and using MI in their practice. It is encouraged that
participants complete a minimum of 6 hours real-world coaching prior to taking this workshop.
This interactive workshop will provide participants with a comprehensive introduction to the theory, style, principles, and skills of motivational interviewing and is recommended for all front-line staff.
The objective of this training is to provide each participant with exposure to, and hands-on practice of Motivational Interviewing.
In this 12-hour instructor led workshop participants will:
• Review MI videos and audio examples
• Participate in small and large group exercises
• Receive instructor feedback
• Observe an instructor demonstration
• Learn to use the Micro-skills (open questions, affirmations, reflections and summaries) strategically
• Deepen their skillset in all the Four Processes of MI
• Learn how to elicit, and strengthen change talk strategically
Enabling practitioners to:
• Work more effectively with clients who have been labeled “difficult”, “resistant” or “stuck”
• Work more effectively with clients who have a myriad of overlapping change-related issues
• Lessen the impact of counsellor burnout
• More effectively and efficiently guide clients forward with their change goals
Cost: $240 CAD
Date and Time: September 29 & 30 // 9:00-12:00, 1:00 – 4:00 Central Time
Trainers for this course: Roxanne Sawatzky and/or Trudy-Lyn Wittig