6 hour Introduction to Motivational Interviewing & Trauma Informed Care June 15 & 18
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing with a brief look at Trauma Informed Care
MI is a collaborative conversation style for strengthening a person’s own motivation and commitment to change. Trauma Informed Care is rooted in an understanding of and responsiveness to the impact of trauma, that emphasizes physical, psychological, and emotional safety for clients.
In this 6-hour instructor-led workshop, participants will take part via a live webinar format (Zoom).
In this Introduction to Key Motivational Interviewing (MI) Concepts with a brief look at Trauma Informed Care, participants will:
- Learn the various types of traumatic reactions and how they can show up in a variety of ways in our clients
- Learn the principles of Trauma Informed Care
- Learn when to use Motivational Interviewing or be in equipoise
- Learn how ambivalence impacts behaviour change and how to navigate through ambivalence using Motivational Interviewing
- Be introduced to the Four processes of MI
- Be introduced to the Micro-skills (open questions, affirmations, reflections and summaries) and how they are purposefully used in MI
**Participants will receive written materials 1 week prior to the training. Please check your email (and junk mail) to confirm receipt of training link and material one week prior to training date.
**Please note that participants would be required to have their video camera on throughout the training in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Date and Time:
June 15 & 18
1:00 – 3:00 Central Time (both days)
Trainers for this course: Roxanne Sawatzky