6 hour Introduction to Motivational Interviewing August 18 & 19
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
Introductory to Key Motivational Interviewing (MI) concepts. MI is a collaborative conversation style for strengthening a person’s own motivation and commitment to change.
In this 6-hour instructor-led workshop, participants will take part via a live webinar format (Zoom), watch videos, and engage in experiential exercises.
In this Introduction to Key Motivational Interviewing (MI) Concepts, participants will:
• Learn the foundational skills of Motivational Interviewing
• Learn how ambivalence impacts behaviour change and how to navigate through ambivalence using Motivational Interviewing
• Learn the difference between sustain talk and discord and how to navigate through both
• Be introduced to the Four processes of MI
• Be introduced to the Micro-skills (open questions, affirmations, reflections and summaries) and how they are purposefully used in MI
**Participants will receive written materials 1 week prior to the training. Please check your email (and junk mail) to confirm receipt of training link and material one week prior to training date.
**Please note that participants would be required to have their video camera on throughout the training in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Date and Time: August 18 & 19 // 1:00-4:00 PM Central Time
Trainers for this course: Roxanne Sawatzky and Trudy-Lyn Wittig