Advanced Motivational Interviewing Training
This 12-hour Advanced MI workshop is highly experiential and designed for individuals who have taken the Introduction to MI workshop, and using MI in their practice. It is encouraged that participants complete a minimum of 6 hours real-world coaching prior to taking this workshop.
This interactive workshop will provide participants with a comprehensive
introduction to the theory, style, principles, and skills of motivational interviewing
and is recommended for all front-line staff.
The objective of this training is to provide each participant with exposure to, and
hands-on practice of Motivational Interviewing.
• Review of MI video and audio examples
• Participate in small and large group exercises
• Receive instructor feedback
• Observe an instructor demonstration
• Learn to use the Micro-skills (open questions, affirmations, reflections and summaries)
• Deepen their skillset in all the Four Processes of MI
• Learn how to elicit, and strengthen change talk strategically
Enabling practitioners to:
• Work more effectively with clients who have been labeled “difficult”, “resistant”
• Work more effectively with clients who have a myriad of overlapping change-
• Lessen the impact of counsellor burnout
• More effectively and efficiently guide clients forward with their change goals
[wp_paypal button=”buynow” name=”Advanced Motivational Interviewing Training” amount=”250.00″ tax=”15.00″]
Date and Time: June 29 & 30 // 9:00-12:00, 1:00 – 4:00 Central Time
Trainers for this course: Roxanne Sawatzky and/or Trudy-Lyn Wittig