Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
Introductory to Key Motivational Interviewing (MI) concepts. MI is a collaborative conversation style for strengthening a person's own motivation and commitment to change.
In this 6-hour instructor-led training, participants will take part via a live webinar format (Zoom), watch videos, and engage in experiential exercises. In addition, participants will receive written materials 1 week prior to the training.
In this Introduction to Key Motivational Interviewing (MI) Concepts, participants will:
• Learn when to use Motivational Interviewing and in equipoise
• Receive a customized document that can be used when working in Equipoise
• Learn the foundational skills of MI
• Explore the balance between the technical and relational components of the evoking process
• Learn how ambivalence impacts behaviour change and how to navigate through ambivalence using Motivational Interviewing
• Learn the difference between sustain talk and discord and how to navigate through both.
• Be introduced to the Four processes of MI
• Be introduced to the Micro-skills (open questions, affirmations, reflections and summaries) and how they are purposefully used in MI
Date: June 8 & 9 // 9:00-12:00 Central Time
Trainers for this course: Roxanne Sawatzky and Trudy-Lyn Wittig
[wp_paypal button=”buynow” name=”Introduction to Motivational Interviewing” amount=”150.00″ tax=”15.00″]